Unlisted


There’s that question that I personally hate, “How old are you?” 
Why? Why do you need to know?
Is it because you can’t figure it out and need confirmation or is it because you want to see if I really look my age?

So what’s the big deal about telling you my age? Well, why do I have to?  It keeps me more intriguing. Personally, I think that’s rather a personal question. Some things should just be kept a secret.

They say you’re only as young as you feel. Well, some days I feel 25 & other days I feel about my age. But regardless, I truly believe that I am still too young to be the age I am. So is it that I’m young at heart? More like where the heck has the time gone?

I’ve been asked if my kids are my siblings and of course that just puts a smile on my face. My children don’t think it’s amusing as I’m “old” in their eyes. Maybe that’s a little far fetched but is it? I was carded the other day. It’s been a long time but what a feeling! Maybe he was blind? No, he definitely could not tell my age.

I have to say that I do have some good genes from my parents. They both have great skin and I’ve inherited that. Thank goodness! Which is why my age may be hard to read. I have though, forbidden my parents to stop calling me their oldest daughter when they talk about me. Why not just talk about me using my name or say my firstborn? Don’t you think if you know me and my family, you’d know that already? I’ve also forbidden my parents to stop telling people my age. I told them to tell those busybodies to ask me and not them.

I have told people that “I just turned 55” (at that very moment of course, I’m 55). You should see the look on their faces. Priceless!

Well, I supposedly have another birthday coming up in a few weeks. How old will I be?  That’s hard to say. My number is unlisted ……

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wish you could